Thursday 30 May 2013

Car Boot Bargains

The steam rally we attended last weekend was made all the better beacuse the field opposite hosts a car boot sale every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays!
 
Car boot sale
 
Saturday morning me and the mother-in-law ventured across and came back with some annuals (to add to my burgeoning collection), some Ladybird books, some cards and a shirt for Andrew.
 
Sunday morning me and Andrew strolled over but the day wasn't fortuitous and we came back empty handed.
 
And Monday morning, we found a house clearance stall selling everything in boxes on the floor for 20p each - managing to pick up some vintage-looking crockery for pennies.
 
Postcards and vintage maps
Birthday cards for 50p each - will be saved for Father's and Father-in-law's birthdays in September
Old maps for £1 each - Torquay was where Andrew spent many childhood holidays and Merseyside is where my Mother's family are from
 
 
Ladybird books
Fabulous Ladybird books! Andrew's a mechanical engineering technician so I thought the Metalwork book might teach him a few things! :-)
 
 
Judy and Bunty annuals
More annuals to add to my collection - all at £2 each
 
 
Vintage china
 
Vintage china
 
Vintage china
Beautiful crockery for 20p - and a little ceramic pot pourri bird for 50p
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in LOVE with the last two pictures, those things are so beautiful! I never seem to find anything so nice at car boots, I only ever end up with books. And while we're talking books: yay for the duck books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've been playing about with taking pictures in different ways! :-)

      It doesn't matter if you always get books - books are always good, you can't go wrong with a good book! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...