Saturday 25 May 2013

Day 25 - Music Love

Day 25 of rosalilium’s 'blog every day in May' challenge
Music Love
(What are your top 5 favourite albums and why?)


I have way too many albums I love to choose just 5 - some of my favourite CD's are soundtracks and I love singing along to them on my own.

I'd never dream of singing out loud in public however, I'd be worried my voice would crack windows!

Andrew on the other hand, comes from a musical family and can sing, properly sing and makes the time fly by on long car journeys by singing along to 1950's pop classics.

His musical family includes...
His sister who plays the violin, saxophone and piano.
His paternal grandmother and grandfather who both played the piano.
His maternal grandfather who played the piano, xylophone, piano accordian and church organ.
And his auntie who played the piano and piano accordian.

His maternal grandfather was the founder and bandmaster of a local accordian band, started in 1937 and still in existence today.

Midsomer Norton Accordian Band
Andrew's grandfather is the conductor on the right hand side!
 
His grandfather modestly decided to decorate his initials on the front of each music stand!
Just in case anyone in our town forgot who he was...
 
 
Midsomer Norton Accordian Band
Grandfather is in the middle of the front row, slouching...
 
All the songs for the band were arranged by Andrew's grandfather - it has been claimed that he was capable of hearing a song on the wireless and then capturing all the different sections of music needed for all the players.
 
 
Gerald Stenner
 
I'm pretty certain this is where Andrew gets his musical vocal talent from!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...