Monday 27 May 2013

Day 27 - Secret Talent

Day 27 of rosalilium’s 'blog every day in May' challenge
Secret Talent
(What are you good at that nobody knows about? Tell us all about it.)


This isn't so much "something I'm good at nobody knows about" more something I've been told I have a talent for and would (sort of) like to develop.

On Day 1 of the' blog every day in May' challenge, one of my five lines was that I have driven lorries, old and new.

The 'new' was a Ladies Driving Challenge event I took part in a couple of years ago, raising money for a great cause - Marie Curie Cancer Care. The challenge was that females were let loose on an old Second World War airfield and tasked with driving 'typically-male' vehicles such as fire engines (yes, we did get to drive with real firefighters!), artic lorries, coaches, doing a fast Police car chase and reversing an artic lorry into a parking space.

Duck driving a coach

Duck reversing an artic lorry

I was told that I had a talent for driving the artic lorry and should even think about taking my HGV test!


The 'old' is the talent I'd like to develop and it'll be going on my own '32 before 32' list (more info to follow shortly...) - that is, to practice driving Andrew's 1952 lorry.

Duck driving Andrew's vintage lorry

I started this weekend at Selwood Steam Rally, driving it in and out of the show arena.

Duck driving Andrew's vintage lorry

I'm not sure I'll ever have the confidence to drive it along a main road, but if I can help a bit at each steam rally, then that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...