Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 9 - Favourite Social Media Channel

Day 9 of rosalilium’s 'blog every day in May' challenge
Favourite Social Media Channel
(Are you a Twitter-lover? Or maybe you can't get enough of Pinterest? Do you need to share every meal on Instagram? Do you waste away the hours watching Youtube? Or Facebook is your comfort zone? Tell us about your favourite social media channel and why.)


Umm...favourite social media channel - I'm not sure I have a favourite!
I seem to dabble in most of the main ones - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest - but they all have their good and bad points.


I do have a personal Facebook profile (which I always make sure shows me in my best light - surely everyone does this?) but there always seems to be too many people sharing cheesy photo sentiments or making attention-seeking comments just for a response.

Pinterest is really good for finding design, craft or foodie inspiration but I'm not convinced that I'll ever get round to actually making/cooking/creating all the wonderful ideas I've pinned.

I use Delicious a little bit to save useful links for my Masters degree but never get round to re-visiting them when I'm writing my essays.

YouTube is great for reliving memories - I saw Tim Minchin's rain-soaked Eden show last year and had many a happy hour watching the home video footage of the concert afterwards. But...you do always come back to animals being silly.



And Twitter is fab for keeping up to date, hearing about new events and funny one-liners but the tweets fly by far too fast to catch them all. A one hour lunch break can mean over 100 missed tweets and you never know if you've missed something important.


So my favourite? Probably (but only by a small margin)  it'd have to be Twitter.
There's been several events I would've never got tickets for if I hadn't heard about them first on Twitter, I've discovered lots of fabulous blogs and you never know what you might stumble upon by clicking someone's link in a Tweet.

Plus the whole site is bird-themed!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...