Sunday 15 September 2013

Saturday 14th September - A Photo Every Hour

Yesterday I took part in a Photo an Hour challenge set by the lovely Janey from Is That You Darling.
Saturday 14th September was the day chosen by Janey and a couple of other bloggers were also going to take part - Bex from Futures and Lucy from Watch Out For Lucy.
 
I've wanted to do a Photo an Hour post for ages but never got round to choosing a date and actually doing it so Janey setting a date was the motivation I needed. As it happened, yesterday was a day filled with all sorts of things as we were taking Andrew's lorry to take part in our local heritage railway station's 1940's festival (part of the UK's Heritage Open Days weekend).
 
 
My day started at 8am-ish with a cup of tea and Radio 2's Sounds of the Sixties
Photo an Hour
By 9am we were uncovering Andrew's lorry ready to drive to the railway station
 
 
10am saw us arrive at the station, theme for the weekend was 'Railways at War' 
Photo an Hour
Just before 11am we walked into our local town for a spot of charity shop browsing
 
 
At 12pm we popped into a local cafe for a lovely cup of tea and brunch
Photo an Hour
By 1pm we were back at the station and having a look round the World War 2 displays
 
 
2pm was spent with (another) cup of tea and a slice of bakewell tart from the station cafe hosted in a railway carriage
Photo an Hour
At 3pm we strolled down to the local nature reserve for a spot of blackberry foraging
 
 
Exploring the station buildings at 4pm revealed a giant marrow in the platform vegetable plot 
Photo an Hour
We were home by 5pm so I took the opportunity to catch up on some blogs
 
 
At 6pm we put our new-found blackberries in some water to soak (and to drown any bugs) 
Photo an Hour
By 7pm I thought I'd better unpack some of the stuff I brought back from my degree study school
 
 
8pm was dinner time - wedges and a Tesco pizza (a week away from home = no food in the house!) 
Photo an Hour
At 9pm it was starting to get chilly so I dug out the blankets
 
 
10pm was time for a late night snack, some tea and a couple of Welsh cakes brought back from my week in Aberystwyth 
Photo an Hour
And by 11pm we were tucked up in bed, me with some bedtime reading!
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed a little look into my day; I really enjoyed taking pictures each hour!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this, Louisa! The open day at the station looked like fun; I love that the cafe is located in an old railway carriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Angela! I think Janey over at Is That You Darling (http://isthatyoudarling.wordpress.com/) is planning another 'photo on hour' day in November if you fancy joining in - the provisional date at the moment is 9th November! :-) x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely insight into your Saturday (which looks awesome by the way!)
    Welsh cakes are the best
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It was a good day; I'm sure my day would have looked a lot more boring if I hadn't have been for the Heritage Weekend though! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...