Monday 16 December 2013

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 
Completing - the last few decorations on our tree. We got as far as the lights and tinsel last week and then didn't have a free evening all week to do the baubles!
 
Christmas tree baubles

 
 
Eating - an eyes-bigger-than-your-belly roast dinner from Toby Carvery on Friday night for my birthday. I'd like to say that I'm ashamed to admit I finished 90% of it but no, I did actually manage to put away the majority of what was on the plate. My excuse is that it was my birthday - does that count?
 
Toby Carvery meal
 
 
 
Celebrating - my 31st birthday with a day trip out on Saturday (more to come on that during the week) and a fab meal at Ed's Easy Diner.
 
Ed's Easy Diner
 
 
 
Instagramming - a day in the life of me on Saturday 14th December for the lovely Janey from Is That You Darling's Photo an Hour Challenge.
 
 
 
Opening - lots of presents!
 
Presents
 
 
 
Treating - myself to that Christmas bedding set from Dunelm Mill and that handbag from Home Bargains.
I fear I may have turned into a blogging cliche...
 
Bedding and handbag
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Love that bedding set! It looks like an amazing birthday weekend! Glad you got your tree finished in the end xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! The bedding is now on the bed and the presents are under the (now completed) tree - roll on Christmas! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've had a lovely birthday weekend. Your tree looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I'm going to try and put up some pictures of the tree properly plus the other decorations in our house at some point :-) x

      Delete
  3. So many pressies and that bag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did seem like a lot of presents! There was even three others not in the picture (as Andrew hadn't finished wrapping them up!) :-) x

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday :) That roast looks delicious (I'm both proud and jealous :p) and I'm glad someone I know has now bought that bedding set. I'm not allowed. Boo. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Would you be able to smuggle it in somehow? :-)

      Andrew always says 'no more birds or ducks' in the house but they just keep flying in... :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...