Friday 28 March 2014

Another Bloggy Book Swap

A while ago I signed up to take part in The Emerald Dove's Blogger Book Swap. I took part in one last year organised by the lovely Rosie (from A Rosie Outlook) and it was great fun choosing what books to buy so I thought I'd give it a go again.
 
I was paired with Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes and managed to find a book I really enjoyed based on the life story of 70s child sensation, Lena Zavaroni from the Isle of Bute in Scotland. I remember learning all about her back when I studied A Level Psychology and when I worked in the local library I spotted Andrew O'Hagan's novel based on her life.
 
Anyway, I packaged the book up and sent it on it's merry way up north to Scotland along with some little chocolates to enjoy. Stupidly I forgot to take any pictures at all of the book I sent but pop over to Cat's blog to see what she received.
 
My package arrived earlier this week and Cat had chosen the perfect book for me - Dewey by Vicki Myron!

Dewey by Vicki Myron

 
It's all about a cat (called Dewey, fairly obviously) who lives in a small town library in America and gets into all sorts of trouble whilst winning the hearts of all the borrowers. She'd spotted that I used to work in the library and thought that would suit me, and she was right. Not only am I a fan of libraries themselves but I'm also a fan (albeit a very sad one) of the Dewey Decimal System. It's a brilliant way of classifying books!
 
Books Swaps are great fun - if you ever spot one running on someone's blog, they're well worth signing up for!
 

2 comments:

  1. Dewey sounds really good! How can anyone resist those eyes on the front cover? Very Puss In Boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I'm not even really a 'cat' person but he is very cute :-) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...