Monday 3 March 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...

 
 
Listening - to a live show of Radio 4's Any Questions at the Royal High School in Bath. It was one of the first events of the Bath Lit Fest and was hosted by Jonathan Dimbleby with Germaine Greer, Amy Chua, Simon Hughes MP and Maria Eagle MP answering questions from the audience. It was quite good fun but a lot less rowdy than I expected it to be - although I suppose that'd be a Radio 4 audience for you!
 
Radio 4's Any Questions
 
 
 
Organising - going home clothes for Andrew's dad. After 6 weeks in the Bristol Royal Infirmary, he's finally been given the all clear that everything's healed properly and will be home by this afternoon!
 
 
 
Catching - up with lots of blog posts. After having been about 3 weeks behind on my reading, I managed to get my Bloglovin feed down to just 8 on Saturday - I'm very excited by this!
Apologies to anyone who received a really out-of-date comment from me...
 
 
 
 
Relaxing - to be honest, we didn't do much else; a bit of TV watching, a bit of reading and a bit of housework and that was about it!
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about Andrew's Dad :) My weekend involved shopping, brunch, pretty dresses, a roast dinner, chocolate cake, and reading magazines. Bliss. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake, dresses and shopping? I think that sounds like a pretty good weekend to me! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. That's great news about Andrew's dad! And there's nothing wrong with a relaxing weekend, is there? ;) I had a perfect weekend involving a sleepover at one of my friends, which was basically giggling, chatting, and only little sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I remember sleepovers, they were so much fun! Although from what I remember, there wasn't usually much sleeping - more ghost stories, screaming, giggling and snacking! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic news about Andrew's dad! Hope he's enjoying being at home and having some decent food at last xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's glad to be back - he's still taking it slowly, day by day but he's definitely on the mend! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I really love the bloglovin and I have found it a lot easier to keep up with my blog reading after categorising different blogs into sections, 'daily read', 'weekly', 'new'...etc. I'm still always behind but at least I'm trying haha.

    ~ K
    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, I love Bloglovin but I am always about 2 or 3 weeks behind in my reading! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...