Thursday 24 April 2014

52 Lists - Things I'm Grateful For

The week's prompt is all about things you're grateful for. I think there's so many things we should be more appreciative of; things which most of us just assume we have. Far too many things in this life are what's known as an 'unexamined privilege' and we should all be truly grateful for what we've got.


(If you fancy a fairly easy academic-type read, this fabulous article by Scrodinger's Catbox looks at all the privileges we take for granted - it is slightly biased towards the 'fertility privilege' but is still a very funny and accurate read nonetheless.)





Finding Andrew (or rather, finding someone who actually wants to share the madcap adventures I like to attempt - see above)
Living in a time of relative peace (compared to the last two World Wars)
Having all my limbs, mind and mental capacities (although some would say that's questionable...)
The miracles of modern science and medicine
Having a roof over my head and food on my plate
Being able to read and write and having had a free (to the age of 18) education
A wonderful free National Health Service
A society which doesn't thrown people like my brother (or anyone else with a disability) into an asylum



What things are you grateful for?
 

This post is part of Ema's (Made in Hunters) 52 Lists Project
For a full list of all the other lovely bloggy people taking part, visit Scarlett's site (WorkRestPlayLove) for a nosy!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent list :) I'm grateful for Tom, my supportive family (and equally supportive in-laws), the health of everyone I love, being able to be warm (I often feel really cold, so I am incredibly grateful to have access to my own home, jumpers, blankets, hot water bottles, and earn enough to turn on the heating), having enough money and food, and my life being so easy compared to the majority. Oh, and chocolate :p xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good list! Can't believe I forgot chocolate and cake - there's nothing like a good cup of tea and a slice of cake :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...