Saturday 12 April 2014

A Liebster Award or Two...

So yep, last year Lucinda from Putting the Tea in Teacher nominated me for a Liebster Award and last month, both Pearl from Procrastinator General Says... and Loretta from The University Project nominated me for Liebster Awards as well! Thank you very much lovely ladies!
 
 
Liebster Award
 
 
I'm sure you all know what The Liebster Award is (if you don't, it's basically a way of sharing the bloggy love) so without further ado, I'll get started on answering Pearl and Loretta's questions.

The instructions are:
1. Thank the blogger (or bloggers) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 (or 200, depending on what you read) followers.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let your nominees know you've nominated them!
 
 
 
So, Pearl's questions...

 
1. What's your motivation for blogging?
Well I wouldn't be human if I claimed I didn't look at the stats or amount of page views - but I think one of the best bits of motivation for blogging is all the comments from you lovely lot reading. I like sharing my life and I still find it fascinating that people are actually interested in it!


2. Is there anything you would change about yourself and why?
I'd love to be able to sing - Andrew's really good (a proper little church-singing boy when he was younger) but I still mime when I have to sing in public as I wouldn't want to subject anyone to my voice!

 
3. What's your favourite book?
You probably all know the answer to that now - Elsewhere by Gabriella Zevin, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Junk by Melvin Burgess.


4. Do you have any pets?
No, but if we did, It'd probably be a labrador.

 
5. Do you have a pet hate?
People who don't indicate when driving! How on earth are other cars and pedestrians supposed to know where you're going?

 
6. Who inspires you?
 I love the life story of Rowena Cade - the very determined lady who built Cornwall's Minack Theatre.

 
7. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
My English teacher wrote in my leaving book - "Aim high and enjoy" - which I think is a pretty cool motto to live by.

 
8. What would you do if you won the lottery?
It's very boring but I'd pay off the mortgage, replace our aging car and not have to worry about the costs of IVF treatment!

 
9. What's your next ambition?
A Masters degree and a duckling or two.

 
10.What's your favourite flavour ice cream?
Ooh, that's a good one - raspberry ripple is pretty cool, plus any banana flavour is tasty and even just vanilla with a splodge of strawberry sauce is very very good.

 
11. Are you happy right now?
I think so, there's always going to be bits of my life I'd like to improve on but generally, yeah, I reckon life's pretty good.


 
 
And on to Loretta's questions...

 
1. What do you love the most about blogging?
The comments, the community, the nosiness into other people's lives and you lot reading!

 
2. If you only had one meal left on Earth what would it be?
 That's a difficult one - probably some kind of roast dinner. You can't beat gravy and roast potatoes!

 
3. What is your day job?
My job title has receptionist in it but in reality I do a little bit of everything to help the rest of the team in a postgraduate admissions office at a university. It kind of involves dealing with people who might wish to study there, dealing with about 6000 applications from potential students (from all over the world), looking after all 500 of them when they're actually here for a year right through to going to their graduation ceremony and watching them leave. It's certainly varied!

 
4. Have you ever been in love?
Well my husband would certainly hope so!

 
5. How do you stay organised?
Lists, lists and more lists.

 
6. What is your vice when it comes to shopping?
Charity shops and dresses, definitely.

 
7. If you could have any job at all, what would it be?
This one working for the National Fairground Archive in Sheffield.

 
8. Do you think you make a good first impression?
I hope so, but I do sometimes wonder if I come across as quite cynical and reserved.

 
9. You have a free weekend...what do you do with it?
If it's the summer, pack a picnic and head to Greenbank Swimming Pool in Street - a 1930s heated outdoor lido about half an hour away.

 
10. Do you have any pets?
No (but see above for what we'd have if we did).

 
11. Who is the last person you spoke to?
The other half - probably having an argument about the washing up or something silly!
 
 

 
I've nominated a few of the same people as last time and a few different people, so please don't feel offended if I haven't included you in the list (but feel free to have a go anyway if you fancy it!)
 
So, 11 other lovely bloggers...
 
1. Angela over at Little Apple Tree
2. Michelle over at Life Outside London
3. Saskia over at Braids and Books
4. Sarah over at Trisarahtops
5. Sharon over at Sunshine and Celandines
6. Josie over at Tales From The Finch's Beak
7. Lily over at Lily Doughball
8. Josie over at Josie Mary
9. Katie over at Hook, Line and Sink Her
10. Em over at Brand New Sunrise
11. Jane over at Is That You Darling
 
 
 
And my questions to them...
 
1. What's your earliest memory?
2. What would you like to be doing when you're 70?
3. Do you have a favourite UK holiday destination? (this is just me fishing for recommendations...)
4. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
5. Jaffa Cakes - are they biscuits or cakes?
6. Is there anything you really hated as a kid, but absolutely love now?
7. Can you remember your first kiss? (describe it if you want!)
8. If you could go into Doctor Who's TARDIS and come out in any year you wanted, what era or decade would you choose and why?
9. Which one book would you recommend I really must read?
10. If money was no object, what would your dream house be like?
11. If your house was on fire (and assuming all people and animals are already safely outside), what would be the first thing you'd grab on your way out?
 

 
 
So there you go...
Thank you very much to Pearl and Loretta for the nomination and please, go check out my lovely nominees!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me. I will try and post something soon. I would love to go to a lido. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...