Tuesday 22 April 2014

A Photo Every Hour - Saturday 19th April

April's Photo an Hour Challenge was set by Jane (from Is That You Darling) on Saturday 19th - a good day to choose because of the Easter holidays!
 
 
My Easter Saturday panned out a bit like this...
 
 
8am - as always at the moment, my day starts early with IVF drugs and injections.
IVF drugs
 
 
9am - Breakfast was on the way, we had Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas!
Chicken and cheese quesadillas
 
 
10am - About to head out for a bit of sightseeing and the view from our cottage window had not a cloud in the sky.
Blue skies and gorse
 
 
11am - I actually missed the 11am shot and ended up taking this at 11.30ish, mainly because I was too busy trying on and buying dresses from a charity shop for £2.50 each!
Chaity shop dress
 
 
12pm - After buying up several things, we walked back to the car through the churchyard of St Cybi's Church in Holyhead.
St Cybi'c church, Holyhead
 
 
1pm - Then we stopped off at Asda on the way out of town as I needed to buy a card for our wedding anniversary on the Monday.
Anniversary card
 
 
2pm - We ended up in Rhosneigr where we stopped for a delicious ice cream which we ate on the beach.
Fortes Ice Cream
 
 
3pm - We headed up towards South Stack in Anglesey but it was absolutely packed with everyone else doing the same thing so instead we thought we'd go back and have some tea and cake in our cottage.
View from near South Stack, Anglesey
 
 
4pm - I unpacked some of the morning's purchases...
Charity shop dresses
 
 
5pm - My brother and dad popped round to our cottage to collect us on the way to the holiday park swimming pool.
Swimming costume
 
 
6pm - We were actually in the pool at 6pm (which I couldn't really photograph) but when we got back at 6.30pm I remembered I hadn't yet unpacked this little tulip basket I picked up earlier that day.
Bath Omnibear in Tulip Basket
 
 
Sticky Apple, Sausage and Bacon Recipe
 
 
8pm - Dinner is served!
Sticky Apple, Sausage and Bacon
 
 
9pm - I know, I'm very sad. I thought the holiday would be a good chance to catch up with some coursework reading for my degree.
Journal articles
 
 
10pm - Treated myself to a bedtime snack of Harry Hopalot before listening to my IVF relaxation CD and falling asleep!
Tea and Harry Hopalot Chocolate
 
 
 
Hop on over to Jane's blog to see when May's Photo an Hour challenge will be - it's always great fun!


6 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your little holiday in sunny wales. Have been to Anglesey a few times. Beaumaris is one if my fave places by the sea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaumaris is lovely - we went there last year and had such a fab time! We didn't visit it this year but we'll definitely be back next time! :-) x

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a nice day! I don't know why I find it funny that you bought your anniversary card whilst your hubby was with you. Maybe because I like to pretend I've prepared for our anniversary weeks in advance (rather than making it at work at the last minute :p) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep it was pretty silly - we both went into Asda and had to each go the the card section in turn while the other was browsing elsewhere - and then pay for them at separate tills! Andrew's male so it was obvious he wasn't going to buy his in advance but I'm usually really organised, I just didn't get round to it this year! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Anglesey too, have been to South Stack a couple of times and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to South Stack last year, the whole area is beautiful - I've been going there every Easter since 1987 and still love it! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...