Sunday 6 April 2014

Get To Know Me A Little...

I spotted this little tag over on Leona's blog a while back and thought I'd give it a go. I'm not sure you'll find out anything new and radical about me but you never know, you might find something half interesting!


Get to know me a little


 

1. Do you have a middle name?
Yep, it's Rhian (chosen by my dad who's Welsh)


2. What was your favourite subject at school?
English Literature and Drama, with Geography coming in a close runner up.


3. What's your favourite drink?
Is it really sad to say Hot Chocolate? Although back in the days when I used to drink (which makes me sound a bit like an alcoholic, which I wasn't by any stretch of the imagination!) it would have been a Vodka and Orange.


4. What's your favourite song at the moment?
I don't really have a favourite particular one but the CDs on repeat on my kitchen at the moment are The Rasmus, Gorillaz, The Pierces and the Blood Brothers musical soundtrack.


5. What would you name your children?
Wait and see!
(although obviously not the names 'Wait' and 'See')


6. Do you participate in any sports?
No - well, not unless you count a team effort in the office to finish all the cakes.


7. What's your favourite book?
I've said it before but it's a tie between Junk by Melvin Burgess, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin.


8. What's your favourite colour?
Red, closely followed by lime green (can you tell?) :-)


9. What's your favourite animal?
Ducks, obviously!


10. What's your favourite perfume?
I don't really have a signature scent; I tend to wear whatever's on offer from Avon or if I've been given some as a present. If I had to choose a favourite though, it'd be whatever my Nana used to wear when I was little - I have no idea what it was but every so often someone walks past me with the same smell.


11. What's your favourite time of year?
Autumn - Indian summers, Carnival season, fireworks, Bridgwater Fair and the run up to my birthday in December!


12. Have you been out of the country?
Yes, but probably not enough. I love Iceland (the country, not the shop) and have been twice and my first trip abroad on my own (I was 19) was to New York. My dad also took me to Florida when I was 16 (as a reward for finishing my GCSEs) and at sixth form we had a school trip to Florence, Venice and Pisa. Oh and I've been to Dublin loads of times and also backpacked round the rest of Ireland when I was 18.
So yep, America, Ireland, Italy and Iceland - that's the sum total of my foreign travel!


13. Do you speak any other languages?
Not really no. I do have GCSE grade C in German and did a year long module in Spanish at Uni but can I string a sentence together in either language? Hah!
My dad does reckon my Welsh pronounciation is fairly good though and tells me when I was really young, I used to be able to count to 10 in Welsh.
Oh and I know what the word 'Graduation' is in Chinese characters! Is that any good? :-)


14. Do you have any siblings?
Yep, just the one, a brother. He's 2 years and 10 months younger than me and has Down's Syndrome.


15. What's your favourite shop?
Probably charity shops because you really have no idea what you might find!
From the high street though - Lakeland for its kitchen stuff; Asda for its dresses and shoes; and online, Joe Browns (also) for its dresses.


16. What's your favourite food?
Anything where I don't have to clean and wash up afterwards...


17. What's your favourite movie?
Ooh, I loved Jack and Sarah as a teenager and I really like The Nightmare Before Christmas (I remember buying my VHS copy from Our Price in 1994). Some of my other favourites are Brief Encounter, The Red Shoes, Go, Shooting Fish, Moulin Rouge, Hot Fuzz and A Matter of Life and Death.


18. What are some of your favourite TV shows?
Topical comedy shows like Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week and 10 O'Clock Live plus I also really like most of BBC3's comedy dramas like Pramface and Bad Education.
Fresh Meat, Call the Midwife and lots of the documentaries on BBC4 also rank pretty highly in my book.


19. What phone do you have?
A HTC something or other. Not the latest model as it wasn't very expensive but it does okay for me.


20. How tall are you?
5 foot 4 inches.


21. Any pets?
No, with the exception of the spiders living in bits of the house I haven't got round to cleaning recently.


22. Any kids?
Not yet unfortunately, but watch this space...


23. If you weren't you, would you be your friend?
Hmm, difficult one. I hope I would be!


24. What's the first thing you notice about someone?
Not necessarily their eyes (which is a bit of a cliche) but probably their facial reactions and how they respond to things.


25. What is your eye colour?
Sometimes green, sometimes grey.


26. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, definitely.


27. Favourite smells?
Chocolate and broken biscuits melting and mixing together in a pan.
A theatre auditorium when a show's just about to start.
Hot lightbulbs mixed with greasepaint and costumes during Carnival season.


28. Do you have any special talents?
Being able to remember completely useless things like dialling codes, car number plates and special dates.


29. Where were you born?
The Vale of Leven Maternity Hospital in Alexandria in Scotland (on the banks of Loch Lomond).


30. What are your hobbies?
 Steam rallies, Carnivals, outdoor swimming, vintage fairgrounds, baking, blogging, browsing round charity shops and (it makes me sound very sad) but cleaning and tidying!



 
 
Anyone reading this, consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you have a go :-)


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I have never been to the Bridgewater Fair which is dreadful as I live quite nearby! Hopefully will go next time though! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, it's great fun! Really really busy but such a good evening! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Ditto to hot chocolate, Fresh Meat, Jack and Sarah, and helping finish the cakes :p

    This is a good list of questions; the perfect level of nosiness :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Let me know if you have a go! :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...