Thursday 29 May 2014

#BEDM Day 29 - Wishlist


Day 29 of Rosalilium’s 'Blog Every Day in May' Challenge

Back when I worked in my local library, we had several customers who would regularly order the latest bestsellers and things from the Richard and Judy list. Part of the job was to process books as they arrived, putting them out on the reservation shelf ready for collection.

What this actually meant in practice though was that we unpacked lovely shiny new books from their boxes, oohed and ahhed over each one in turn looking to see if we’d like it and then made a note to keep our eyes peeled for it once it had come back from going out to all the customers.

Consequently, I (and all the other staff, I’m sure) ended up with a mammoth list of books we’d like to read (almost 300!). Although I’ve had a GoodReads account for a few years, I used to keep my list on an Excel spreadsheet and only added books online once I’d actually read them. The other day though, it suddenly occurred to me that GoodReads had a ‘Want to Read’ function – I know I’d seen it on there and for some completely random reason, I’d been ignoring the fact that it would be a helluva lot more convenient to store my ‘want to read’ list online.
 
Goodreads Want to Read List
 

 So over the last few days, I’ve been swapping my gigantic list of titles from my traditional spreadsheet over to my online ‘Want to Read’ list. I’ve already listed about 200 books but I’ve still got a fair few more to add (and my list keeps growing, because I keep seeing things I’d like to read on Jane’s list!).

 If you’re on GoodReads, feel free to add me as a friend so you can take a nosy at what’s on my list!
 

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Although it also makes me worry about what happened to the poor lemon cake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day when I finally get round to reading it, I'll find out and let you know! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. My list is utterly ridiculous, it's currently at 362! But I do just anything and everything to it; if it sounds like I might want to read it, it goes on the list. And then I go through every now and again and actually make an effort to source some of the books on it. There are just too many fabulous books in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your 362 and I raise you 395! You're completely correct though, there really is far too many wonderful tales to read! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...