Tuesday 3 June 2014

A Photo Every Hour - Saturday 31st May

May's Photo an Hour Challenge was set by Jane (from Is That You Darling) for Saturday 31st May - my day probably ended up a bit mundane but we did manage to get a few jobs done around the house and garden.
 
 
 
9am - I ended up taking my 9am shot about 9.20am as I had a lazy morning and only woke up then! This was the first view I had - the ceiling and light fitting.
Ceiling and light
 
 
10am - I'd put the breadmaker on overnight so we had freshly made ciabatta bread for breakfast topped with ham, cheese, tomato and egg.
Ciabatta bread
 
 
11am - Andrew nipped out while it wasn't raining to do the front and back lawns.
Mowing the lawn
 
 
12pm - Then he decided he needed his mop chopped so while he was at the hairdressers I mooched around the charity shops in the high street (with no success though).
Charity shops
 
 
1pm - Back home and trying to catch up with some of the many blog posts in my Bloglovin feed.
Bloglovin news feed
 
 
2pm - We've been trying to downsize our CD collection at the moment, so I carried on with a bit of sorting out.
CDs
 
 
3pm - Then I remembered I still hadn't put the last few books back on the bookshelves after I cleaned them all last week so I popped upstairs to do that.
Bookshelves
 
 
4pm - Mid-afternoon snack, just about to be slathered with butter (there isn't any other way to eat them is there really?)
Crumpets
 
 
5pm - Andrew was hard at work laying the paving slabs for our new driveway.
Paving slabs going on the driveway
 
 
6pm - My last Easter egg was sat looking at me on our living room table. I'm not really sure how I've managed to keep it so long!
Lindt Easter egg
 
 
7pm - Time for dinner, Bacon and Cheese Gratin tonight.
Ingredients for Cheese and Bacon Gratin
 
 
8pm - Andrew fancied a post-dinner pint so nipped out to Tesco to get some ale. He also brought back some beautiful tulips!
Tulips
 
 
9pm - We put the TV on and decided to catch up with the Museums at Night programme that was on a few weeks ago.
Museums at Night TV programme
 
 
10pm - Before Andrew got a haircut we'd gone to the delivery office to collect a parcel and it was only at 10pm that I remembered it was still in the boot of the car!
Parcel
 
 
11pm - The last thing before bedtime, a cup of tea and the start of a new book.
New book
 
 
 
If you fancy it, pop on over to Jane's blog to join in with June's challenge on Sunday 22nd and if you want a friendly reminder, let me know - I'm more than happy to tweet you the day before!
 

10 comments:

  1. What a man - he brings home tulips! I think I'll finally join the challenge in June! Usually (or at least, that's what it seems to me) they're on a saturday, at which I work, and every hour is practically the same. Hip hip hooray it's a sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Look forward to seeing your posts! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. This post is making me wish for a bread maker. :)
    I was going to do Junes photo a day........but i believe I am down to work that day...so would not make a vg post. I will try for July! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab, I'll tweet you a reminder the day before :-) xx

      Delete
  3. What a great post idea. I may have to do this, this Saturday :)

    MadeinHunters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I've had lots of fun snapping away each month :-) x

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea for a blog post! Feels really intimate and personal x x

    www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous of your breadmaker. I might need to invest in one. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, after all... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yep, go for it - perhaps pop a breadmaker on your Christmas or Birthday list? :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...