Sunday 14 September 2014

An A-Z of Me - H


A-Z of Me - H



Hot Chocolate - Ahh, my favourite drink. I've never been able to get used to the taste of coffee and I agree, you can't beat a good cup of cha but if there was a decent hot chocolate on offer, I'd take that, no questions asked.


Home - I really don't want to come across as old-fashioned or anything but I do actually like taking care of my own house. There's a certain sense of pride in having an organised (as well as lived-in) lovely home and I'd be the first to agree with the line that feminism isn't necessarily all about getting women out of the kitchen (for want of a better analogy), but instead is all about giving women the choice to do what they want.


Hairstyles - I'm incredibly bad at styling my hair; my default mode is the surfer girl look (aka the proverbial dragged-though-a-hedge-backwards look) and my morning routine when it comes to hair is: wash, dry naturally, brush. If I'm going somewhere smart, I might straighten it but anything more fancy just doesn't work. I've been told by hairdressers that my hair is quite thin which probably explains why it won't hold a curl or stay in any sort of intricate design.
And when it comes to getting my hair cut, I go about 2-3 times a year mainly when it gets too long or I've got some event I need to look good for. I just can't be bothered spending a fortune getting it done all the time!


Heirlooms - We seem to have a lot of inherited stuff in our house; a handmade rocking horse from the 1940s and a table skittles set from 1930s for example. Neither of us like throwing things away if they've still got a use so we seem to have amassed rather a large amount of stuff - the only thing is, we like collecting things ourselves and unfortunately our house isn't a bottomless pit!


Holidays - We don't own passports so all our holidays are in the UK or Ireland. When I was a kid, the top two places on my 'list of places to visit around the world' were Iceland and New York and I'd done them both by the age of 19 so for the moment, I'm not really that fussed about foreign holidays. I know there's still a whole heap of places in the UK that I still haven't visited so that's what we'll be doing for the next few years.
 

 
What 'H' things sum you up?


For the rest of the alphabet click here!

4 comments:

  1. Yes hot chocolate, especially the ones which are basically melted chocolate in a mug :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays is definitely one of my 'H' ones too, I found it really shocking you don't have passports but in a good way, I don't know why I just expect everyone to have them but it's lovely that you spend so time exploring all the wonders the UK has to offer rather than countdown to the next time you escape the country ;)

    Belle x Part of Belle's world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please can you share photos of some of your heirlooms? They sound amazing! My h's would be homewares (I can't resist them - I love them much more than clothes) and holidays too (travelling is my favourite way to spend my money, after homewares). There may be more but I can't think of any more h's. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's loads of places I would love to visit in the UK! I've never been north of Lindisfarne so I'd love to visit Scotland!x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...