Wednesday 7 January 2015

Here Is The News #27


Here is the News

 
 
Blogland Brilliance

I love Edinburgh so looking through Danielle's pictures really made me smile (and long for August to roll around when we're back up there).

Hands up if you know who Julian, Anne, Dick, George and Timmy the Dog are? Michelle and her pups joined the gang down on the Devon beaches.

Cat's post about the humble brag is excellent, reminding us that the amazing Instagram/Twitter/Blog life portrayed online by other people usually isn't quite so amazing in real life.

If you're looking for more ways to get creative in 2015, Cassy has 100 of them for you.

El over at A Thrifty Mrs has rounded up some of the best free printable calendars for 2015.

And Hazel had one of the best Christmas presents ever!
 

 
Interesting Info

I've been toying with the idea of buying no new clothes this year (by new, I mean high street, secondhand would still be okay). I seem to have rather a large amount of everything and even though most of my stuff is from charity shops anyway, it would be far better to use it all (or pass it to someone else) than just keep buying new things. George at Asda and Joe Browns are my downfall but so far, it's 7 days into January and I've resisted all the sale emails. Donna from Polkadot Pink is doing exactly that for 100 days - a High Street Ban - and I reckon I'd like to join her. I also love what Hazel did, analysing her clothes spending for 2014 and it really makes you think how much you've spent on things you haven't worn much or even at all. If you'd like to go the whole hog (a bit like Char is doing) and buy nothing new at all for a whole year, Jen's got a whole host of tips to help you on your way.

And you've all probably heard about Kai by now, but if you haven't click over to the Beeb to read all about the real life Paddington Bear (except he's a dog).



Delicious Food

For a winter warmer supper, how about Emma's Slow Cooked Beef Tagine and Cauli Mash?

This homemade hot chocolate from Annatha looks perfect for the January evenings!

 

Blogs I've followed this week...

What's new with you?
 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you with the highstreet spending ban, I wish I had the willpower! With regards to the humble brag, I unfollowed and minimised a lot of people on facebook (me for it was the worst social media culprit) and very rarely do I come across those bragging posts. I'd highly recommend a good culling :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the beef tagine.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, this shows how badly behind I am on reading :( And I love these posts of yours. Thanks so much for including my post - your are so lovely.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...